When applying for admission to a University Master’s you must pre-register.
If you have already matriculated in a Master’s degree but have not yet completed the plan of studies, you do not need to pre-register a further time but must simply matriculate.
Steps to be taken?
- Check that the UAH is the university you wish to pre-register at and that you satisfy the general entry requirements and the specific requirements for admission to the Master’s as set out in the Master's prospectus.
- Check the dates on the administrative calendar.
- Go to pre-registration in University Master’s, and apply for a place on the master’s degrees of your choice. Please bear in mind that:
- You must upload the required electronic documents in PDF format (the files cannot weigh more than 4 MB each, and the total size must not exceed 10 MB).
- You may apply for a maximum of 5 university master’s degrees in order of preference.
- The admission application will remain open throughout the pre-registration period bearing in mind the specific requirements (entry profile and selection criteria) proper to the Master’s. Students will be admitted on an ongoing basis throughout the application period. In order to comply with each master’s selection criteria, no master’s may admit students to more than 50% of its places before 31th May. At the same time, should 100% of the places on a master’s be filled by 15th July, the pre-registration process will come to an end. Thenceforth, only those masters with vacant places will accept applications from new students.
Admission applications submitted between the start and end dates of the established period (3rd February to 6th September) will be held in consideration throughout the period. In other words, if, for example, a student applies in April, he or she may be admitted before 31st May, between 31st May and 15th July, or, if vacancies remain, in the final period.
- You will be notified by email of the result of your admissions (check unwanted mail and/or spam in case the notification is sent there). You may also check it on the pre-registration tool.
- If admitted, you will need to proceed as follows:
- Pay 250 € to reserve your place. This amount will be deducted from the matriculation fee and can under no circumstances be reimbursed except for some reason imputable to the UAH. Nevertheless, if you do not matriculate, the amount will be held for your use in the following two academic years should you be admitted onto a master’s degree. How to reserve a place: Exemptions and payment procedure.
- Reserve Master's place
- The payment must be made within a week of notification of admission. Failure to pay to reserve your place in the period indicated will result in your non-admission onto the programme. In that case you may reactivate your pre-registration at anytime by applying for a place on the same or another master’s. Your application will be assessed along with the other applications received.
- If you are not a Spanish national or a national of any other European Union country, you must contract the health insurance, during all the master study. This insurance must equal, at least, all the coverages offered by the health insurance subscribed by the University of Alcalá through its General Foundation. For more information follow this link: https://www.fgua.es/seguros/
- Present the required documentation, on paper, at the Postgraduate School before 22nd October de 2021.
- Should you be unable to present the documentation by the stated date for some justified reason, you must sign a document in which you undertake to comply with the terms contained therein.
- Formalise your matriculation in the established period. The user ID and password are the same as for pre-registration.
- You may appeal against your non-admission in the three days following notification by email. You may not appeal if the reason for non-admission is "failure to pay to reserve the place in the time established".
- If admitted, you will need to proceed as follows:
- If after matriculation you are unable for any reason to take up your place, you must cancel matriculation in the periods established for the purpose.
- All paperwork or enquiries related to pre-registration and admission onto university Master's must be made at:
Postgraduate School. Official Postgraduate Studies Service
Colegio de León.
C/Libreros, 21, Panta Baja
28801 – Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
Teléfono: +34 91 885 6975 / 6976 / 6877
To be admitted onto a University Master’s programme you need:
- To satisfy the entry requirements stipulated by current legislation as detailed below. These requirements vary according to the country of issue of your university degree title:
Holders of Spanish or European Higher Education Area (EHEA) degree:
- Official Spanish university degree title. PLEASE NOTE: All students with a national degree who are going to pre-register in a Master's Degree must have completed their studies before 30th September 2021, except for students pre-registered in the Master's Degree in Access to the Legal Profession, who must have completed their studies before 17th September 2021.
- Degree title awarded by an EHEA higher education institution which gives right of access to a Master’s Degree programme in the country of issue. PLEASE NOTE: All students with non-national degrees (from countries other than Spain) must have completed the studies that give them access to the Master's Degree in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- At the time of pre-registering, be pursuing studies leading to the award of one of the degrees mentioned above and be in a position to vouch to possession of the same in the academic year prior to commencement of the Master’s degree. For example, to be admitted onto a Master’s degree in academic year 2021-22, you must be in possession of the university degree of bachelor in academic year 2020-21.
Students with non-EHEA degrees:
- Officially approved foreign higher education degree title. PLEASE NOTE: All students with non-national degrees (from countries other than Spain) must have completed the studies that give them access to the Master's Degree in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Certificate of training qualification equivalent to the corresponding Spanish official university degree titles, said qualification giving rights of access to a master’s degree programme in the country of issue. Access by this means in no way implies the official approval of neither your previous degree title, nor its recognition for any purposes other than studying for the Master’s degree.
- You must meet the specific admission requirements for each master’s programme (given on the “Access and Admission” screen on each Masters’ web page).
- If you are from a non-Spanish-speaking country, you must demonstrate competence in Spanish at the level equivalent to B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. No such requirement is necessary if the Master is taught in English.
- Mandatory health insurance. Any student not in possession of Spanish nationality, or of any EU member state, must contract the health insurance, during all the master´s study. This insurance must equal, at least, all the coverages offered by the health insurance subscribed by the University of Alcalá through its General Foundation. For more information follow this link: http://www.fgua.es/seguros
|Academic year 2021-22|
From 3rd February to 6th September 2021.
An extraordinary pre-registration period will be opened, after the ordinary period, in which the studies that have not covered all the places will be offered.
Open throughout pre-registration period.
The UAH guarantees that no more than 50% of places will have been allocated by 31 May 2021. Up to 100% of places may have been allocated by 15 July 2021.
Reserving a place
One week after being notified of admission.
From 13th to 20th september 2021.
|Credit transfer and recognition||
From 23rd to 28th september 2021.
Two additional periods will be opened to apply, solely and exclusively, for the recognition of credits of the subject of internship for work or professional experience: from 7th to 9th February and from 6th to 8th June 2022.
|Modification to matriculation||
• Annual and first-term subjects: from 18th to 21st October 2021.
|Cancellation of matriculation with right to reimbursement||
Until 22nd October 2021.
Payments made will be reimbursed except for the 250 € reservation fee.
|Cancellations after 22/10||
There will be no reimbursement of payments.
In exceptional, properly justified circumstances, should the whole amount of the matriculation fee have been paid, the amount corresponding to the instalments that would have been pending payment if the fee were to have been paid in instalments will be reimbursed.
For questions related to pre-registration, please contact with Servicio de Estudios Oficiales de Posgrado
For questions related to matriculation, please contact with Secretaría de Alumnos de Posgrado